Blood pressure is the force of blood against the walls of arteries. Normal blood pressure for the person should be 120/80 mmHg. So if the readings go above this then it is called as high blood pressure and the readings below this are called as low blood pressure. Here we are discussing about the high blood pressure, which is very common in the adults today. It can also be the result of faulty lifestyles, increased stress levels and lack of exercise and balanced diets. Following are some of the tips which can help you to manage the high blood pressure.
• Maintain the healthy weight as this is required for the maintenance of blood pressure. Overweight can also cause thickening of the arteries which can further lead to the high blood pressure. If there will be too much of fat in the body then organs will be under the stress resulting to high blood pressure. Body produces aldosterone when in stress. Aldosterone promotes the sodium retention and which further lead to high blood pressure. So always keep a check on your weight.
• Start exercise as this is also important for maintaining the blood pressure. Lack of physical activity tends to increase heart rate which compels the heart to work harder with each contraction. Exercise builds up the nitric oxide which keeps the blood vessels open and plaque free.
• Take a healthy diet rich in whole grain cereals, low fat daily, fresh fruits and vegetables. Add the essential fatty acids in the diet and remove the saturated fats. Extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil and desi ghee are the good oils for heart. Keep a check on what are you eating and take foods rich in potassium as this is very beneficial for balancing the high blood pressure. Always read the labels of the food and avoid packaged and processed foods as much as possible because these contain sodium.
• Continuous stress can also be the contributory factor for the high blood pressure. So try to destress yourself as much as possible. You can start yoga or meditation. These are the best ways to avoid the stress.
• Avoid too much of fried or fatty foods as they can clog the arteries and can be the reason behind the high blood pressure. Take more of salads in the diet. Salads can prevent the accumulation of cholesterol and can be helpful for the prevention of high B.P.
• Avoid alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking as they can also be the aggravating factor for the high B.P. Having four or more drinks in a row can cause sudden rise in the blood pressure and can also be the underlying reason for many health problems. Smoking can also be equally dangerous to health. Nicotine present in cigarette cause blood vessels to constrict which can further lead to high blood pressure.
• Take less salt and avoid adding extra salt in the food as this can increase the blood pressure.