Black pepper also known as (piper nigrum) is a flowering vine which belongs to a family of piperaceae. It is cultivated for its fruit, which is usually dried and used as a spice and seasoning since pre-historic times.
It has the potential to make the food more palatable, nutritious, and beneficial for health. It is the most popular spices which is available throughout the year and are rich in essential oils. This spice is prepared from the berries of the pepper plant which is pungent in smell and are available as whole or cracked peppercorns or into powder.
Black pepper should be stored in a tight sealed glass container, also in a cool, dark and dry place. It is an excellent source of manganese, iron, Vitamin K, and dietary fiber and therefore used for various culinary purposes such as in preparint delicious salad dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and cracked pepper.
Black Pepper Benefits -
• Black pepper has known to have antioxidant and antibacterial effects which promotes the health of the digestive tract. It improves digestion and promote intestinal health. Also it stimulates the taste buds in such a way that an alert is sent to the stomach to increase hydrochloric acid secretion.
• Black pepper has a property like diaphoretic (promotes sweating), and diuretic (promotes urination).
• It also stimulates the breakdown of fat cells, reduces fat content, keep you slim, and provide you energy to burn.
• Black pepper also alleviates conditions such as hemorrhoids, gas, constipation and also loss of appetite.
• It is helpful in providing relieve to cough and colds and clear up sinusitis too.
• Black pepper extract are also found to reduce symptoms associated with quitting smoking.
• An alkaloid named, piperine found in black pepper is responsible to enhance the bioavailability of some nutritional substances and drugs and also have anti-carcinogenic properties.
• Black pepper could help to treat skin conditions and decrease susceptibility to skin cancers which is caused by excess ultraviolet radiation.
• Pepper also fight against tooth decay and provide relief from toothache.
• Black pepper may be used as a natural antidepressant and promotes the absorption of nutrients like selenium, vitamin B, curcumin, and beta-carotene to all the tissues of the body, thus improving overall health.
• Eating black pepper promotes the absorption of nutrients to all the tissues of the body, thereby improving overall health.
• Black pepper could also helpful in reducing inflammation and stimulates appetite which is helpful in treating anorexics and people with eating disorders.