Dates provide innumerable health benefits. Dates are rich in several vitamins and minerals. They contain oil, calcium, sulphur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium. They are free from cholesterol, contains very less fat, rich in B complex vitamins and fiber. Being nutrient rich Dates helps to fight constipation, heart problems, intestinal disorders, sexual weakness, diarrhoea, abdominal cancer and weight gain.
Some of The Health Benefits of Dates :
• Dates contain simple sugars fructose and dextrose so when they are eaten they give instant energy. This is the reason Muslims breaks their fasts by eating dates as they gives energy and satiety value which avoids overeating.
• Dates are also known for their laxative effect so very beneficial in relieving constipation.
• Dates contain good amount of vitamin A which is an antioxidant and useful for good vision and skin. Vitamin A also helps to protect the lungs from cancer.
• Dates are rich in flavonoids which are antioxidants and help the body to protect from the adverse effects of free radicals.
• They are good sources of calcium which is an essential mineral for the bone, teeth, muscle contraction, blood clotting and nerve impulse conduction.
• As they are rich in dietary fibers so helps to minimize the LDL level so good for the heart and may prevent many heart diseases.
• Dates contain sugars, fats, proteins and many essential vitamins and minerals which help to gain weight. So very good for the underweight people.
• Dates give a quick relief from alcoholic intoxification.
• Dates are an excellent source of iron so helpful for the persons with the condition of iron deficiency anaemia.
Nutritional Value Dates 100 gm (As per Nutritive value of Indian foods):
|Crude Fiber (g)||3.9|
|Vitamin C (mg)||3|
|Crude Fiber (g)||3.7|
|Total B6 (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
• Dates contain considerable amounts of B complex vitamins which are important for various bodily functions, metabolism of different nutrients and to maintain the blood glucose levels.
• Dates are also very beneficial during pregnancy as they are good source of iron, potassium, B complex vitamins and energy. They are believed to give strengthening to the uterine wall during pregnancy.
• Dates are good sources of potassium so they helps to maintain the blood pressure and very beneficial for high B. P. patients.
• Dates are also useful to combat sexual weakness and help to increase the libido in men.
So we can see that they have numerous health benefits and Dates are the fruits which we can find all over the year so let’s enjoy the delicious fruits and its health benefits.